People also ask

  • Can you rent a council house through a housing association?

  • Housing associations rent their properties through the council and sometimes you can go directly to them. A council tends to offer a Secured Tenancy with a Right To Buy your council house. A Housing Association offer Assured Tenancy agreements and you will usually have a Right To Acquire your home at a discount.

  • What is council housing in the United Kingdom?

  • Learn more… Council housing in the United Kingdom is designed to provide families in need with rent below the market price. However, since the controversial Right to Buy legislation was introduced in 1979, the waiting list for these properties has grown steadily longer.

  • How many houses does the Council provide?

  • The Council is the largest provider of social and affordable housing in the area with over 11,300 houses, bungalows, flats and bedsits spread across East Riding of Yorkshire.

  • How do I apply for a council home?

  • To apply for a council home you need to complete a Housing Application Form. Our online application is not currently available, please contact (01482) 393939 if you wish to apply. To apply you will need: National Insurance number (s) of all people moving into the new property